THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. PROPOSAL SUBMISSION IS CLOSED.
The Conference aims to focus on the following elements of Language Education at the Freshman Level.
Assessment and Evaluation
Use of Information Technology
Sabanci University Freshman English Conference proposals must be completed in accordance with the proposal submission guidelines. It is recommended that presenters read the following before beginning their proposal submission: please review the descriptions of proposal types and the evaluation criteria for proposals. When you access the system, you will be asked to identify your proposal type: please select paper or poster presentation. You will then be asked to provide the following information:
1. Paper Title: Type the title as it should appear in the program (max 10 words).*
2. Abstract: Please provide a brief description of the paper (max 50 words). *
If your proposal is accepted, this abstract will be included in the conference program.
3. Summary: Please provide a summary (max 300 words). *
This summary will be used by the reviewing panel when they blind review your proposal.
4. If you are proposing an individual presentation with multiple authors, you will be asked to add all additional authors to the proposal. To do this, you will be asked to provide the following information for each author:
1. First and Last Name of the co-presenter
2. Current Email Address
* You may copy and paste from your word processing program.
Proposals are invited for individual papers and posters.
1. Individual Papers:**
Papers are formal presentations of original research by one or more authors within a thirty-minute period, including time for discussion.
Posters are presented in allocated time slots during concurrent sessions: you may prefer a slide show to present your research/study visually (e.g. charts, graphs, tables). A block of 10 minutes per poster to present and 5 minutes for discussion will be designated.
**AV Equipment: Please note that AV equipment will be available for Paper and Poster Presentation Sessions. Presenters may bring handouts or use their laptops if they wish. All rooms are facilitated with a projector, a laptop and a flip chart.
Proposals for individual papers and posters are evaluated by a team of reviewers according to each of the following criteria:
• Relevance to and appropriateness for Freshman English programs and significance of the topic/issue/problem
• Originality and innovativeness of research
• Interdisciplinarity of topic
• Clarity of objectives and intended outcomes of the session
CONFERENCE PRESENTATION POLICY
The SU Freshman English Conference Committee discourages the submission of proposals from individuals who will not be attending the conference.
If you have further questions regarding submitting a proposal for the Sabanci University Freshman English 18-19 September 2014 Conference, you may direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org